Monday 1 March 2010

Jazz-funking it

The past week was as busy a week as I've worked in the practice - completing (right up until the last minute) a 1:50 model for a private house that has finally been resolved, whipping up some tender drawings to accompany the proposal, attending ever-complexifying client meetings and even setting up the decorations for my boss's daughter's 5th birthday...

Last weekend therefore served as license to let loose starting with a wind down at the Birdland Jazz club to see the Bernd Reincke Quartett (fast becoming one of our favourite spots to hang out) and then grooving it up by chance at a bar with a live funk band jamming willy-nilly the entire night. In between I did my usual spot of record shopping popping into a Smallville Records, which houses a comprehensive array of electronic music and simultaneously a record label for some artists which I listen to - I'm hoping to meet some of the artists who sometimes man the shop floor in the upcoming weeks, let's see if I can get some promos off 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment