Thursday 25 February 2010

Hamburg und ich haben gefunkt

I've realised how much of a fine art making window frames for an architectural model is and is quite possibly the most concentration consuming task I have experienced in practice. I am finding myself steeped in more work as the weeks go by and it's been an invaluable learning curve managing my widening responsibilities.

I came back to London last weekend, in rather undercover fashion, to pick up my iMac and Nikon D80 (which I have missed dearly). It was a pretty hectic weekend and as soon as I landed in The Big Smoke I already accepted that it was going to be impossible to see everyone I wanted to and do everything I wanted to do. Time restrictions aside it was the first time I had seen no snow on the streets and been in weather above 0C. I played the weekend by ear and ultimately met with those who slotted into my improvised minute-by-minute schedule.

However I didn't feel as if I was missing London and in a conversation with Alex last week about moving away from our respective home capital cities (Alex moved out of Paris 6 years ago) it was surmised to me that perhaps the longer and more frequent I am away the lesser my affinity is for London. What is certain however, especially with the arrival of milder winter weather (the ice is finally starting to melt!), is that Hamburg has grown on me and I look forward to what the next few months hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment