Thursday 25 March 2010

Einstein the cat

I thought I'd dedicate an entry to the mischievous cat that frequents the house. I prefer dogs and I haven't had many encounters with cats before coming to Hamburg but more often than not he's a personality that deserves a mention. The other day I witnessed Einstein leaping from its usual comfort spot in my room and throw up on the old wooden floor, much to my befuddlement. He's a cat who craves to be pampered, much like any other cat I suppose, but with a tendency to protract his claws as soon as you get complacent whilst stroking; he keeps you on your toes and your attention is mostly spent anticipating what devious act he might commit next. A stubborn, masculine character with a plump physique, Einstein lets you know when he wants to leave the house and when he sits on his rotundness and stares tens of yards ahead with an almost visionary air. What does he look for? Who knows? It does seem as if he pauses for thought before I presume, finding the next pad to crash and cause more misdemeanours. Like a friend who's got partly irritating habits but you always end up accompanying. Einstein the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment