Monday 1 February 2010

Alster & Aqua-crunk

Snow is persisting here in Hamburg (and indeed the whole of Germany) and I've forgotten what it's like to walk on dry streets. Last Saturday morning in fact, I went down to the Alster lake in the city centre to find that hundreds of people were actually walking & bob-sleighing on the lake which had frozen to a thickness of 20cm over the past couple of weeks. I gladly slid onto the ice to experience this quite unique event in the city.

I was drafted in yesterday (Sunday) to do some work for an important client meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) for a private house design which has seen us exhaust tens of possibilities to no avail. Once again I'm crafting models to millimetre precision under the hot blaze of two desk lamps. I finished at 2130hrs and decided to have a little dose of fun and seeing as my acquaintances in Hamburg have their heads stuck in books at this busy time of the academic year, I went on my bill to Golden Pudel (an tiny eccentric club nearby the Fishmarkt) where Rustie was laying down some bass bangers. To see Rustie aqua-crunking it, wonky hip-hopping it and UK funky 2-stepping it was just what I needed after the past few silent weekends...January passed by like a whisper, I'm hoping for something more in the spring months to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment