Monday 18 January 2010

Wining & dining

Last Saturday I was invited to a dinner by my boss's son Carlino (who studies Law) at one of his acquaintance's house in which there were 11 guests in total. A quite exquisitely-prepared menu, including a cheese & mango drizzled in honey starter and a main of nocky doused in a herbed white sauce, was interspersed with splashes of various red wines and the opportunity to meet new people. After all had been delightfully consumed in candlelight we proceeded to play a couple of rounds of Mafia (in German of course, which notched the difficulty level up in terms of being able to articulate my opinion) by the end of which the red wine had all but actually sent us to sleep as the rounds progressed. It was a fresh experience having to up my etiquette as this was a dinner of fine taste and opened my eyes to the level of comfort people here in Hamburg experience. With my other group of friends busy with reading/exams/presentations this was a timely meet up for me and staved off some of the isolation I've been living in on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment